French Toast + Sandwich = Frenchwich
What do you get when you combine French Toast and a Sandwich? You get Frenchwich!
The other morning I was wondering what to make quickly for breakfast, and of course, something delicious. I initially thought of French Toast but then I thought that it might get interesting if I could add some filling into it. So I made a sandwich which looked like French Toast and I named it Frenchwich.
I used the following ingredients
- 1 onion
- 2-3 chillis
- 100 ml milk
- 4 eggs to batter
- 6 slices of bread
- 100 gm of boiled shredded chicken (I keep it handy always in my fridge)
Initial preparation. Time taken: 10 min
- I chopped the onion and chillies finely. The chillis are chopped very fine to ensure that it does not make the food very hot. The chilli is essentially to add colour and a little aroma.
2. Battered the eggs along with the milk in a medium sized flat bowl so that I could dip the bread slices in it. Added salt to taste.
Cooking time: 15 min
- Prepare a saucepan and pour a little oil on it and let the oil get hot
- Dip the outsides of 2 bread slices in the battered egg. Ensure that the edges of the bread get a little more egg.
- Spread a little amount of butter in 2 bread slices.
4. Add some shredded chicken on a slice and cover with the other one like a sandwich.
5. This becomes the unfried Frenchwich.
6. Transfer the Frenchwich to the saucepan and let it saute for about 1 min until it is golden brown. You might want to adjust the flame as per the need.
7. Turn the Frenchwich over to saute the other side for another 1 min.
8. Ensure that the sides of the Frenchwich get enough heat and if you have soaked the edges with egg well, the edges should start sticking to each other slightly
9. When the Frenchwich turns golden yellow to slightly brown, transfer it to a plate and serve. You can serve with tomato ketchup
10. Repeat this process for as many as you want to make. I made 3 that morning.
The Frenchwich tasted great. I could make out because my son literally devoured it and was asking for more.
Make this at home for your little ones. They will love it. See you next time for more recipes.